Thursday, February 28, 2008

Black Enterprise Pre-Oscar Bash Recap & Photos

Last week I attended Black Enterprise Magazine's Pre-Oscar Bash held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. The bash, a very classy and well organized event. Lots of beautiful people, with uplifting energy took over the hotel's International Ballroom. The party with a purpose, honored legendary actress and Oscar nominee, Ruby Dee and guests were also treated to a live performance by Black Eyed Peas's, will i am.

Normally, I would have more details to report because I would've made good use of my press pass, by being on the red carpet or in the press room for my blog, but I attended the event as a guest of friends, Chaz Shepherd and Stephanie Abdullah and my sole intent was to get my groove on for the New Year. The Black Enterprise party was the event for me to dance and shout, and shake my body down to the ground, well not-all-the-way-down-to-the-ground-but just half way down, and once celebrity DJ D-Nice got his dj-ing on, the party's energy went through the roof. See, I get what's called the club version of the Holy Ghost when the DJ rocks out, and rock out is what D-Nice did. I think the only time I left the dance floor was to hand my purse to a friend who wasn't dancing.

I had the most fun dancing with imaginary dance partners- when I danced alone :)

Spotted Celebs: Ronnie Devoe, Warren G, John Salley, Carl Payne, Lamman Rucker, The Cast of Hell Date, Omarosa, Malinda Williams, Lisa Raye, Vanessa Williams (who rocks it out on the dance floor too) Jamie Foster Brown, George Daniels, Star Jones, Eva Pigford, Vanessa Bell Calloway, Judge Mabeleine Ephraim. There were many more but the above names are of folk I spotted from the dance floor.

Photos below are courtesy of Stephanie Abdullah & Chaz Shepherd.

Shout out to super publicist, Stephanie Abdullah and Chaz Shepherd for inviting me, and to my sister Cherisse for hooking my hair up at the last minute.

One of my male BFF's Chaz-taking a pause from getting our groove on.


Eternal Concepts PR, Cecily Wiggins, Stephanie Abdullah & Tiffany


Former WBR bunnies: Marcus Best, Tiffany, Stephanie


Me w/ Mr. Step In The Name of Love, George Daniels

Tiffany, Omarosa & Stephanie

Lamman Rucker & Me
(Did anyone else see him in the dictionary next to FINEBLACKMAN, all one word...geeezz)

No comments: